Monday, February 7, 2011

What Is Your Pre-Shot Routine?


I think the importance of a pre-shot routine is often over looked by average golfers. Since playing high school golf, I've always had a pre-shot routine that helps me; correctly set up to where I want to hit the ball, maintain a consistent swing & tempo, relax in pressure situations, and lower my score.

My pre-shot routine consists of:
-2 practice swings.
-Stand behind the ball and grip the club.
-Visualize the ball flying and landing to my target.
-Pick a line from the ball to a target.
-Pick a spot about a foot in front of the ball on that line.
-Step into the ball with my right foot and align the club face to the ball and to the spot a foot in front of the ball.
-Add my left foot and widen my stance, taking a comfortable, athletic position.
-Slightly loosen my grip and stay relaxed.
-Focus on a smooth takeaway and hit the ball!

I always do the same routine on the practice range. If you don't have a pre-shot routine find one that works for you and use it. You'll be surprised at how much better your alignment and precision will be!

Share your Pre Shot Routine with us...each one is unique!!

Check out my article on the importance of a Golf Pre Shot Routine...Right Here!

Happy Golfing and cheers to The Better Golf Swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment